Master of Public Health
Master of Public Health (MPH) is a full time Public Health program in India offered by Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences. The MPH degree focuses on public health practice and research.
- To prepare professionals with the technical and managerial skills who strengthen the Public Health system.
- To train and develop a cadre of competent public health policy makers, managers, practitioners, educators and researchers.
ABOUT MASTER OF PUBLIC HEALTH PROGRAMME
The curriculum of the Master of Public Health program at Symbiosis International University is a mix of transdisciplinary courses to attain knowledge, competencies, skillsets and values involving diverse and innovative pedagogies and instructional designs with an emphasis on problem-solving and case-based learning, empowering the Master of Public Health graduates for the 21st century.
Unique advantage of our MPH graduates
- The Master of Public Health (MPH) program at SIHS, SIU is a multi-disciplinary professional degree program awarded for studies in areas related to public health.
- The program has been designed as per the guidelines laid down by MoHFW, GoI (Model Curriculum Handbook- Master in Public Health, MoHFW).
- The MPH program leverages the advantage of 6 faculties at SIU beyond the core Faculty of Health Sciences viz. Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Faculty of Management, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Information Technology and Faculty of Media, Communication and Design.
- Cross disciplinary and inter connected courses such as Public Health Law and Ethics, Public Health Information Systems, Mass Communication Theories and Practices, Health Policies for Public Health and Medical Care, Global Health Diplomacy, Public Healthcare Communication Strategy, Health Geographic Information Systems are offered under our MPH program.
- Our MPH program immerses public health students in extensive transdisciplinary learning.
- All our students undergo experiential learning in real life field based setting viz. around the 22 villages in Lavale that have been adopted under Symbiosis Community Outreach Program and Extension (SCOPE) program. Students take part in community service, health education and behavioral change campaigns, and hone their data collection and survey techniques during their postings in SCOPE.
- Summer Internship in governmental organizations, NGOs, and CSR foundations of corporate and governmental sectors that work in public health domain is an integral and essential component of the MPH program. Students are expected to learn public health and managerial skills during the course of the Internship and apply learning from theoretical courses in community settings.
- Dissertation work is a compulsory component that relies heavily on primary data collection leading to publications in SCOPUS indexed journals.
MPH : 20
Orientation and Pedagogy
MPH program leverages the advantage of 6 faculties at SIU beyond the core Faculty of Health Sciences viz. Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Faculty of Management, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Information Technology and Faculty of Media, Communication and Design.
Curriculum of the MPH program @ SIU is a mix of courses specific to each faculty to attain knowledge, competencies and skill sets (including values) involving diverse and innovative pedagogies and instructional designs to develop a competency driven MPH program with emphasis on problem solving, case based learning which will help produce MPH graduates for the 21st century. One of the hallmarks of the program is its research rigor & intensity. The emphasis would be to impart transformative learning.
Graduate from any recognized University/ Institution of National Importance with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade (45% marks or equivalent grade for Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes)
|Semester I (Batch 2020-22)|
|Thursday||6- Aug -20||Commencement of Semester I|
|Thursday||6- Aug -20||Commencement of Program|
|Thursday to Saturday||6- Aug -20 to 8- Aug -20||Foundation Course|
|Wednesday||8-July-20||Outreach programme (Scope )|
|Wednesday to Tuesday||5-August-2020 to 11- August-2020||Extension Programme|
|-||Continuous/ Regular||Field training|
|-||Continuous/ Regular||Guest Lecture|
|Saturday||15-August-20||Run for Freedom|
|Monday to Tuesday||12-October-2020 to 20-october-2020||Internal Exam Conducted|
|Thursday to Monday||November 12, 2020 to November 16, 2020||Diwali Vacation|
|Tuesday||20- December -2020||Internal Exam Marks Submission|
|Monday To Monday||21-December-2020 to 28- December - 2020||Final Exam ( External Examination Tentative)|
|Semester II (Batch 2020-22)|
|Tuesday||2-January-2021||Commencement of Teaching & Continuous Evaluation(Semester II)|
|Wednesday||23-December-20||Submission of External Marks of Sem I|
|Monday||4-January-21||Declaration of Result for Sem I|
|-||January to February||Preparation of Summer Internship|
|-||January to February||Beginning of Dissertation|
|-||Three days in January||IDMP Workshop|
|-||Second week of March||GEPIWAT|
|-||Continuous/ Regular||Field training (Extension Outreach)|
|Monday to Monday||21- May-2021 to 28- May-2021||Final Exam|
|-||Third Week of April 2021||National Seminar|
|-||May 2021 to June 2021||Summer Internship|
|Semester III (Batch 2019-21)|
|Wednesday||1st April 2020||Commencement of Teaching & Continuous Evaluation|
|-||3rd Week of July 2020||Review of Summer Internship|
|-||3rd Week of August 2020||Guest Lecture|
|Saturday||15th August 2020||Run for Freedom|
|Tuesday||1st September 2020||Training and Development (For Placement )|
|-||September to November 2020||Field Visit|
|Monday to Thursday||13th-September-2020 to 17th- Septemeber-2020||Diwali Vacation|
|Friday||2nd October 2020||Swatch Bharat Abhiyan|
|Saturday||31-Oct-20||Rashtriya Ekta Diwas" (National Unity Day|
|-||5-October-2020 to 10-October-2020||External Examination|
|-||August to September||Dissertation field visit/ Data Collection|
|Semester IV (Batch 2019-21)|
|Tuesday||12-october-2020||Commencement of Teaching & Continuous Evaluation|
|-||2nd week of January 2021||Guest Lecture|
|-||January to March 2021||Placement|
|-||21-Mar||Submission of Dissertation|
|-||2nd Week of February||Internal Exam|
|-||20-April-2021 to 23-April-2021||External Examination|
|-||26-Apr||Review of Thesis|
|Disclaimer: All the above dates are tentative in nature and are subject to change with or without prior notice.|
FEE STRUCTURE -
|FEE STRUCTURE-BATCH 2020-22 (INDIAN STUDENTS)||1st Year (Amount in ₹)||2nd Year (Amount in ₹)|
|1st Instalment||2nd Instalment||3rd Instalment||4th Instalment|
|Academic Fees (Per Annum)||1,25,000||1,25,000||1,25,000||1,25,000|
|Institute Deposit (Refundable)||20,000||-||-||-|
|Hostel Deposit (Refundable)||15,000||-||-||-|
|Hostel Fee (Per Annum)||54,725*||54,725*||**||**|
|Mess Fee (Per Annum)||34,475*||34,475*||**||**|
|Instalments pay by Date||At the time of admission||25-Nov-2021||25-Jul-2022||25-Nov-2022|
1. *First year hostel and mess fees subject to change with campus and accommodation type.
2. **Hostel and mess fee for the subsequent year would be communicated before commencement of the next academic year.
3. At the time of admission, Rs. 2,42,000/- is to be paid in favor of Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, payable at Pune via Demand Draft or NEFT/RTGS or Gateway through student’s login.
HOW TO APPLY
Admission Procedure for Master of Public Health:
Programme commences on Monday, 9th August, 2022
For seeking admission to the MPH, Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences students should complete the following procedure:
- Step I
- Step II
- Step III
- Step IV
The applicant must register and pay in shttps://siu.ishinfo.com/SIUPGFY22/Register/ Registration is mandatory, without which the applicant will not be considered for short-listing for the PI-WAT (Personal Interview and Writing Ability Test) process for the respective programme.
You will be called for PI-WAT (Personal Interview and Written Ability Test).
Selection will be intimated to candidate through email.
Admission process will be completed after the verification of all the submitted documents and payment of 1st installment of academic fees.
Documents required at the time of Admission:
- Certificate of passing the qualifying examination (Graduation, 10th Std & 12th Std)
- Mark list (Graduation, 10th Std & 12th Std)
- Transfer Certificate or Leaving Certificate in original
- Migration Certificate in original
- Registration Certificate of respective councils (if applicable)
- Character Certificate / No Dues Certificate
- Work Experience / Gap Certificate if applicable
- Certificate of change of name if applicable, supported by documentary evidence like Government Gazette
- In addition to the above, candidates selected under the reservation category i.e. Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribes (ST)/ Kashmiri Migrants admission will be confirmed after scrutiny of the original supporting documents. Please note that original supporting document of the reserved category should be issued by the competent authority
Batch 2019 - 2020 -Click here
Batch 2018 - 2019 -Click here
Batch 2017 - 2018 -Click here
Batch 2016 - 2017 -Click here
Batch 2015 - 2016 -Click here
International Students may log on to www.scie.ac.in or contact 020-25671905 for admissions. Symbiosis Centre for International Education (SCIE) looks after admissions of international students which is centralized for all the constituent institutes of Symbiosis International (Deemed) University.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR ADMISSION (MPH) 2021-2023 BATCH
Programme Registration Begins
21st March 2022
Programme Registration Closes
31st July 2022
Declaration of shortlist for GEPIWAT*
Date of PIWAT Process
Rolling (27th and 28th June
Declaration of First Merit List
4th July 2022
Declaration of Second Merit List
18th July 2022
9th August 2022
Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS)
A Constituent of Symbiosis International (Deemed) University (SIU)
Hill Base, Lavale, Pune- 412 115
A simplified streamlined process which is candidate friendly, convenient, advantageous and economical to a candidate has been brought in for the Academic Year 2022-2024
The Non-SNAP registered candidates will be called for Personal Interaction and Written Ability Test.
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE ADMISSION PROCESS:
- MPH admissions will take place through NON-SNAP (https://siu.ishinfo.com/SIUPGFY22/Register/)
- Registered candidates will be selected through Personal Interaction and Written Ability Test (PI-WAT)
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
PROGRAMME & SPECIALIZATION
MPH is an integrated interdisciplinary programme providing cross-cutting competency development to students. The programme is formatted such that apart from the classroom didactic lectures, students spend a substantial amount of their learning time in various Public Health domain related set ups where they get experience of actual hands on practical training.
Eminent guest faculty further enriches the course content. Innovative teaching methods and sessions which contribute to all round personality development in addition to academic excellence and practical competences.
Students will be evaluated throughout the two years of the programme by periodic tests as well as assignments. Consideration will be given for the student's contribution to classroom discussions, written reports, reading and other assignments. The evaluation of the student's performance is done by means of continuous on-going internal evaluations as well as at the end of each semester external examination will be conducted by SIU.
All internal courses will have 100% component as internal evaluation at the institute level. All external courses will have 60% internal component and 40% component as external (University) examination.
STANDARD OF PASSING
The assessment of the student for each examination is done, based on relative performance. Maximum Grade Point (GP) is 10 corresponding to O (Outstanding). For all courses, a student is required to pass both internal and external examination separately with a minimum Grade Point of 4 corresponding to Grade P. Students securing less than 40% absolute marks in each head of passing will be declared FAIL. The University awards a degree to the student who has achieved a minimum CGPA of 4 out of maximum 10 CGPA.
AWARD OF DEGREE
The SIU will award Master of Public Health (MPH) at the end of semester IV examination by taking into consideration the performance of all semester examinations after obtaining minimum 4.00 CGPA out of 10 CGPA.
A detailed grade sheet and transcript will be issued to each successful student.