About Symboisis International (Deemed University)
Symbiosis International Educational & Cultural Centre was founded in the year 1971 by Dr. S. B. Mujumdar.
Symbiosis is one of India's leading educational Institutions imparting quality education for over 45 years. Symbiosis is a family of 45 institutions spread across eight campuses in and around Pune, sister city to Mumbai, India's commercial capital. It is host to over 35000 Indian and 1371 International Students on campus.
These campuses epitomize the Symbiosis mission of Vasudhaiva
Kutumbakkam-the world is one family, and are a beehive of International students from all across
the globe. Many of these campuses are full residential and provide facilities such as a 24x7
functional Health Care Centre and recreational facilities that include swimming pools,
In recognition of its academic excellence the University Grants Commission Ministry of HRD Govt. of India conferred on Symbiosis the "Deemed University" status in 2002. Keeping its excellent track record in mind Symbiosis International (Deemed University) (SIU) has been selected by the UGC to promote Indian higher education abroad. SIU is a member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
As per the Ministry of Human Resource Development Govt. of India Notification No. F.9. 1/2006-U.3 (A) dated 10 November 2006, the Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS) is now included under the ambit of the Symbiosis International (Deemed University) (SIU).
Promoting international understanding through quality education
- to inculcate the spirit of 'Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam'
(the world is one family)
- to contribute towards knowledge generation and dissemination
- to promote ethical and value-based learning
- to foster the spirit of national development
- to inculcate cross cultural sensitization
- to develop global competencies amongst students
- to nurture creativity and encourage entrepreneurship
- to enhance employability and contribute to human resource development
- to promote health and wellness amongst students, staff & community
- to instill sensitivity amongst the youth towards community and environment
- to produce thought provoking leaders for the society.