Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS) is a constituent of the prestigious Symbiosis International University (SIU). SIHS has conceptualized & implemented a group of professional up-gradation programmes meant to equip the healthcare professional with appropriate tools needed to survive this age of fierce competition and specialisation. SIHS encourages a symbiosis of thought, word & action of all such professionals who would address the all important issue of health in its totality. Through its unique innovative career-oriented programmes, SIHS plans to raise a cadre of professionals who would ensure delivery of optimum health care services.
As per the Ministry of Human Resource Development Govt. Of India Notification No. F.9. 1/2006-U.3 (A) dated 10 November 2006, the Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS) is a constituent of the prestigious Symbiosis International University (SIU). SIHS has conceptualized & implemented a group of professional up-gradation programmes meant to equip the healthcare professional with the appropriate tools in order to survive this age of fierce competition and specialisation. The SIHS encourages a symbiosis of thought word & action of all such professionals who would address all the important issues of health in its totality. Through its unique, innovative career oriented programmes SIHS plans to raise a cadre of professionals who would ensure delivery of optimum health care services.
The SIHS is associated with major tertiary care hospitals of the city to provide the necessary hands on clinic & para clinical experience necessary for the students pursuing these hospitals based academic programmes. A formal Memorandum of Understanding has been signed with major private as well as governmental hospitals for the same.
Promoting international understanding through quality education
- to inculcate the spirit of 'Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam'
(the world is one family)
- to contribute towards knowledge generation and dissemination
- to promote ethical and value-based learning
- to foster the spirit of national development
- to inculcate cross cultural sensitization
- to develop global competencies amongst students
- to nurture creativity and encourage entrepreneurship
- to enhance employability and contribute to human resource development
- to promote health and wellness amongst students, staff & community
- to instill sensitivity amongst the youth towards community and environment
- to produce thought provoking leaders for the society.
Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences has gained many laurels during the past years.
To quote a few:
- SIHS has established a formal partnership with the Georgia State University (GSU), USA to promulgate co-operation between the institutions to promote education research, intercultural competence and understanding.
- The Post Graduate Diploma in Emergency Medical Services (PGDEMS) programme is recognized by the Los Angeles Paramedic Training Institute, USA.
- The American Heart Association (AHA), USA has conferred upon the Institute the coveted title of an International Training Center (ITC). It is also a recognized Chapter of the International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) Organization, USA. This is recognized by the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP), USA.
- Recently SIHS is recognized as an approved site for conducting - Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) Course of American College of Surgeons - India Program.
- SIHS is beneficiary of the various MOUs signed between SIU & national and international academic institutions like Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI), Georgia State University (GSU), USA to promulgate cooperation between the institutes to promote educational research intercultural competence and understanding.
- Maharashtra Medical Council (MMC) has accredited SIHS to conduct CME programs/workshops/seminars, etc. By virtue of this coveted status faculty and delegates participating in workshops organized by SIHS will be honoured by credit hours from MMC. Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has conferred Institutional Membership.
- Recently PGDEMS programme of Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS) has been recognized by the Saudi Commission of Health Specialties.
Health care and its management are one of the fastest growing sectors, both in India and globally. The future of SIHS is closely linked to the future of the health care sector in India. We therefore share the vision of burgeoning growth in the near future. Similarly the need for world class academic institutions is growing to keep pace with the demands of the expanding economies of the country.
With its pioneering approach to meeting society's demands, the Symbiosis International University (SIU) has shifted to a new 300-acre campus at Lavale on the outskirts of Pune City.
SIU is in the process of setting up Symbiosis Super Speciality Hospital & Research Centre, which will have a Centre of Excellence in Minimal Access & Robotic Surgery with a focus on education and training research. There would also be a general hospital medical college Paramedic Training Institute,a School for Complementary & Alternative Medicine (CAM), a Health Technology Park, a Bio-Medical Cluster, etc. all contributing to a complete new world of healthcare.